Large Retail Company trusts TransformaTech’s Monitoring as a Service (MaaS) and 24/7 ACE/IIB/MQ Support services to ensure availability during peak holiday season
- Peak holiday season coming up (high volume of transactions)
- Prior Problems with high volumes and quickly troubleshooting issues
- Unsupported ACE/IIB and MQ Environments
- Need for ACE/IIB and MQ expertise
- Products and Expertise to provide 24/7 ACE/IIB and MQ Monitoring and Support
- Upgrade ACE/IIB and MQ to supported levels
- Knowledge transfer, best practices, and expertise for new business and technology requirements
Key Results and Benefits:
- 24/7 availability of ACE/IIB and MQ Environments
- Significant performance improvements
- Supported, Reliable ACE/IIB and MQ Platforms
- Reliable, Proven, Trusted ongoing partnership established between company and TransformaTech
Rapidly approaching the holiday season, a major retail company contacted TransformaTech to assist with a challenge. The company is responsible for satisfying millions of customers during this time. The company was running on an unsupported IBM Integration Bus (IIB) version 10 in their production environments that were supporting their critical retail stores and web based operations. They also had major components of their HR and backend warehouse systems running on these Brokers and MQ environments.
Figure 1: IBM Integration Bus Environment before migration
The company also experienced significant downtime, performance degradation, and delays in order processing the prior year and was determined to prevent it from ever happening again. Availability and reliability of this software infrastructure is essential for the company to effectively conduct business (including retail POS transactions), and any outage, downtime or reduction in performance has measurable and significant business impact. For this reason, ensuring the continued availability and effective operation of IBM Integration Bus is a business critical need.
Based on the increase in business expected during the holiday season, the company required getting their production ACE/IIB environments to a supported, recommended level and required comprehensive, 24/7 Monitoring and Support of their Production ACE/IIB environments during their peak season.
The retail company trusted TransformaTech with their challenge and confidently left their concerns in our hands. TransformaTech worked with company to implement and successfully execute a reliable plan to upgrade to IBM App Connect Enterprise v12 and MQ v9 and then provide our managed service offering of 24/7 monitoring and support during their peak holiday season to ensure 100% availability of the ACE/IIB and MQ environments supporting their critical business applications. This monitoring and support included:
- Deploying TransformaTech Monitor product for ACE/IIB and MQ monitoring and Goliath Performance Monitor product for complete System Monitoring of servers and resources.
- Defining clear SLA, incident levels, and support model for escalations and reporting.
- Proactive monitoring of the IBM App Connect Enterprise and MQ Production environments
- Incident management and resolution of production issues
- Weekly, management-level reporting on incidents, environment health and related metrics
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and development resolutions for the ACE/IIB Production environments
Figure 2: IBM App Connect Enterprise after migration
By trusting TransformaTech, the company was able to operate continuously and efficiently throughout the peak holiday season. TransformaTech helped them reach their requirements of 24/7 availability and high performance of App Connect Enterprise and MQ supporting their critical systems. Based on this success, the company continued to engage TransformaTech to not only provide 24/7 monitoring and support, but also work with their team to provide subject-matter expertise, development support, and knowledge transfer as company looks to continue to optimize their overall architecture and support additional business requirements.